Bella’s is Open for Dine-in and Takeout!
November 27, 2020
It’s been a difficult year for all of us. So many have been ill, experienced financial troubles or lost friends and loved ones. It can be hard to remember to be thankful for all that we do still have. That includes the memories of the people who have been so important in our lives. Even though they may be gone, the time we shared with them cannot be replaced or taken from us.
Today, on what would have been his 90th birthday, we would like to remember and celebrate our patriarch, Bill Shumate, for all that he built, all that he accomplished and all that he taught us. For almost 90 years he never stopped fighting the good fight.
You wouldn’t think it if you ever saw him dance, but he never really sought the spotlight. He’d focus on others, asking about our days and encouraging us to have a good morning, a nice day and a fantastic night that might carry on until morning. He worked tirelessly, setting the example for those with whom he worked, lived and loved, to do the same.
Most importantly, he kept it simple; he would want us to be the best version of ourselves. Bill helped build a community—not just a business—based on the simple concept of making people happy. Please raise a glass to Bill and do what you can to make someone’s day a little better.
Thank you, Mr. Shumate, for all you have done. We love you; see you Across the Street.
Black Friday Special Offers
Starting today you can get great deals on gift cards and cookbooks, here’s what we’re offering this year:
• Buy $100 in gift cards and receive a $20 Grazie card
• Buy $200 in gift cards and receive a $20 Grazie card and a copy of the Bella’s cookbook.
• Cookbooks are on sale for $25 (online orders add $6 for tax and shipping)
Small Business Saturday
This year we’ve partnered with our fellow small businesses to promote Small Business Saturday. Check out these special offers:
Bella’s Italian Café: Dine at Bella’s and receive 10% off your bill!*
Sand Surf Co.: BOGO HALF OFF all items in shop!
Sanaca Nails: $5 off any $20+ service until the end of year! Call to book: (813) 253-6083
Feed Pet Purveyor: 10% off storewide & receive a gift with purchase too!
Jacqueline Hawkins Fitness & Lifestyle Expert: 10% off 90-Day Transformation Package and 2 for 1 Group Personal Training Packages
Available Saturday, November 28 only! Mention this email to receive the specials.
Thank you for supporting small & local businesses, we appreciate our amazing community!
*10% off is for dine-in only, alcohol not included.
To Order Curbside Pickup:
1. Check our updated menu, which includes our wine, cocktail and beer lists, and call us at (813) 254-3355 to place your order.
2. Pull in to one of our reserved parking spots.
3. We’ll bring your order out to you!
You can also order through DoorDash, our preferred delivery provider.
Creating Loafing Best of the Bay 2020 Voting is Underway!
Please take a moment to vote for us in the Food & Drink section by clicking here. With your help, we hope to be able to proudly call ourselves the Best Italian Restaurant in Tampa Bay yet again! We’re nominated in these categories:
Best All-Around Restaurant • Best Cocktails • Best Happy Hour
Best Italian Restaurant • Best Late-Night Restaurant
Best Margarita • Best Pizza • Best Tampa Restaurant
Best Waitstaff • Best Bartender: Caroline Gallagher
July 31, 2020
It’s Our 34th Birthday!
Thank you for your continued support, we wouldn’t still be here without you. Here’s to another 34 years!
July 24, 2020
November 27, 1930–July 7, 2020
For those of you who have been visiting us for a long time you certainly have seen or spoken to Bill Shumate, one of our founders and a guiding force for us all.
Sadly, Bill passed away on July 7. You can read more about his life here.
• We have updated our HVAC system to add another level of protection for our staff and guests. This week we installed iWave ionization units in all of our air handlers. If you are interested, click here for a video of the benefits of this system.
• Masks continue to be required for all staff and customers when entering and moving around the restaurant. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control, stated that “If we all wore face coverings for the next four, six, eight, 12 weeks across the nation, this virus transmission would stop.” Click here for a comprehensive article about the changing recommendations and most recent information on the effectiveness of wearing a mask.
June 5, 2020
Calamari Fra Diavolo
Calamari sautéed in spicy reduced Bruschetta sauce and garnished with parsley and lemon. Served with toasted garlic croutons.
Bistecca Brandy con Ziti
Beef filet tips sautéed with caramelized onion and tre-funghi in brandy cream sauce; tossed with ziti pasta.
Don’t forget, we have cocktails to go!
May 29, 2020
Anatra Porcini Ragu
Braised duck breast with a porcini mushroom blend, sautéed spinach and prosciutto; tossed with fettuccine and finished with parmesan shards.
Blackened Grouper Alfredo
Gulf red grouper pieces blackened with spices. Sautéed with broccoli florets and mushrooms then tossed with fettuccine in creamy alfredo sauce.
May 22, 2020
If you missed the veal specials last weekend you’re in luck: We’ve re-added the veal items to the menu along with the Tre-funghi pizza and Lasagne con Pollo! Click here for the latest version.
This weekend we’re featuring the Strawberry Salad and Salmon al Forno.
Touchless Curbside Pickup
We’ve revised our curbside pickup procedures to increase social distancing. From now on when you place your order you can request to pay over the phone and also specify if you’d like touchless pickup. The server will place your order in the back seat or trunk of your car.*
We’re still offering Batched Cocktails** for curbside pickup!
The Remedy Vodka, St. Germaine, basil, lemon, salt
Old Fashioned Old Grand-Dad bourbon, blood orange, bitters, sugar
Bella-Rita Sauza Conmemorativo tequila, Grand Marnier, citrus. A Bella’s tradition for more than 33 years!
*If you do request touchless pickup we ask that you ensure there is sufficient space in the back seat or trunk for the server to place your order. **Takeout only. Each batch makes five 3-ounce drinks, just add ice. Alcoholic beverages available by calling 813-254-3355 for Curbside Pickup, not available through mobile partners.
April 13, 2020
We hope you and yours are staying safe and everyone hasn’t gone stir crazy. April is almost half over already! Hopefully we’re close to resuming some kind of normalcy.
After careful consideration we have decided to change our business hours: we will be open from 4pm–9:45pm, effective today.
The best way to order is to get our pickup menu here and then call us directly at 813-254-3355 to use curbside pickup. You can also purchase some of our batched cocktails.
If you’d rather not leave the house we recommend DoorDash, our preferred mobile partner, or MobileMeals. UberEats is also available.
Thank you for your support; please stay safe.
April 6, 2020
Did you have a productive weekend catching up on all the home projects you’ve been procrastinating on for months?
Thanks to you we had a busy weekend. In the face of this crisis it is truly remarkable to see the amount of support you are giving to local restaurants and their employees. We are blessed to have such wonderful customers.
Based on sales we have made some additional changes to our menu. Most significantly:
• We have removed the lunch menu options.
• We have also removed veal from the Secondi choices.
You can get the updated version here.
Thank you again for your support; please stay safe.
April 3, 2020
• RSBP Events has put together this great game to help support Tampa restaurants. Click on the image above for all of the details.
• A few more items have been modified or removed from our menu so be sure to get the most recent version here.
• For the time being we will continue to be open Monday–Friday from 11:30am–9:45pm and Saturday–Sunday from 4:00–9:45pm. Our hours may change as we continually evaluate the health of our employees and our business.
• Our curbside servers will ask if you would like to have your order placed in the backseat or trunk of your car. We encourage you to consider this additional way to minimize contact.
• The cocktails have been very popular, if you haven’t tried them yet this weekend is a great opportunity!
• Our Secondi (entrées) are not available through UberEats but they are available through DoorDash, MobileMeals, and by calling us directly for curbside pickup.
• We’re still offering a 10% discount on curbside orders.*
As the state-wide stay-at-home order begins we at Bella’s hope you and your family are staying safe.
We’re still here for you.
March 27, 2020
Safer-at-Home Order Starts Tonight at 10pm
The Hillsborough County Commission approved an order requiring all residents to remain at home as much as possible except to travel to and from employment at essential businesses and to purchase necessities such as food, medicine, gas, etc.
As you know, Bella’s is essential!
• The only change we are making is to our service hours: To comply with the new order we will take orders until 9:45pm seven days a week.
• We will continue offering the same updated menu we have been running all week, including batched cocktails, wine and beer.*
• We will continue the 10% discount on curbside orders.*
*Alcoholic beverages available by calling 813-254-3355 for Curbside Pickup, not available through mobile partners. 10% discount on curbside orders does not apply to cocktails.
March 25, 2020
We have Cocktails To Go, available Right Now!*
Each batch makes five 3-ounce drinks, just add ice.
Vodka, St. Germaine, basil, lemon, salt
Old Grand-Dad bourbon, blood orange, bitters, sugar
Sauza Conmemorativo tequila, Grand Marnier, citrus. A Bella’s tradition for more than 33 years!
*Only available by calling 813-254-3355 for Curbside Pickup, not available through mobile partners.
Valid ID required for all alcohol sales. 10% discount on curbside orders does not apply to cocktails.
March 24, 2020
Thanks for your support this weekend;
we were blown away by the demand!
As the new week begins we are making some adjustments:
• Please check our updated menu. We have eliminated some menu items for the foreseeable future.
• We will be open until 10:00pm through Thursday. At that point we will revisit our hours for the weekend.
• Call us at 813-254-3355 for Curbside pickup with a 10% discount.
• You can order through our mobile delivery partners: MobileMeals and UberEats.
We have something else exciting to announce tomorrow so be sure to check your email!